As the dawn of 2020 emerges, so have the feelings of hope and fulfilment become ever so present for me. How about you?
I chose the theme ‘dance’ for this decade because if we are to move gracefully with complete abandon we might fashion ourselves on many a great dancer. They express their feelings clearly, birth new ideas through story-telling and perform with their whole being. So, what’s the skinny on doing this? For me, it’s all about exploration and since I’m no dance expert, I’m going to keep the wish-list below in my back pocket – equally armed with a prayer that I will be blessed enough to jig to the Argentine Tango or the Azonto of life, all depending on where my dancing feet take me, so here goes:-
1. Keeping physically fit – to move with grace and gusto;
2. Staying mentally agile – to keep up with the fast pace of life as we know it;
- 3. Finding fabulous teachers – mentors, coaches and those who inspire us to be more;
- 4. Getting the right gear for the shimmy – shoes, tutus, rara-skirts or tools, (all in RED for me) to stay on brand;
- 5. Maintaining a good partner and goal-friend – for accountability, listening ear for both dark nights and bright days;
6. Building up a community of team-mates and (S)heroes – because it really does take a village
7. Practice, practice, practice in order to dance to the beat of our own drums.
It goes without saying that I wish all of the above for you too. Is there anything you can add or want to skip? Let me know but until then, here is to a brilliant new decade and may your dance be filled with passion, verve and abundance!
Come on, let’s dance..
A bit about the author below
My name is Lily Naadu Mensah Author of Work Your QUIRKs: The businesswoman’s companion for a sparkling personal brand. And the #audiobook is out soon in various formats such as #Audible, #iTunes, CD and USB. I’m pumped!
I’m an internationally savvy personal brand connoisseur with a flair for creating professional and endearing presence on paper (CV, Resume or Bio) in personal (Wardrobe) and online (Social Media). As a branding specialist and coach, I work with talented individuals in projecting and articulating what makes them unique so they can stand out from others with similar qualifications and expertise. You can find out more about me at https://lilymensah.com, https://www.facebook.com/LadyMensahBrand or https://www.instagram.com/ladymensahbrand/